Biker jackets are something I've always liked the idea of having but neve really thought would suit me so I've left well alone but when Maris announced that she and Stacy were hosting a sewalong of the Style Arc Ziggi (a pattern I had already seen and admired) I did a bit of umming and ahhing then threw my hat into the ring. I don't feel like I've really challenged myself sewing-wise for a while so I went for it. Unfortunately I then fell out of love eith sewing for a while and procrastinated so much that I went into a bit of panic when I realised I only had a week to finish it! (The deadline was then extended to the end of the month, phew!)
I had only got as far as cutting out the patten pieces, but luckily it was the easter holidays so I took Faith round to my mum's and hid myself away in her conservatory to cut fabric. The fabric is some wool type stuff I bought a couple of years ago for a coat that never happened and some satin, both from my stash (the saintliness of using my stash fabric was cancelled out by a late shopping spree though, oops!).
The jacket was surprisingly easy to sew, with a bit of guidance from the sewalong posts, but it was only after I had sewn the front pieces together that I realised I'd forgotten the zips on the pockets. Never mind, I like it without the zips there, they always rub on my hands anyway.
Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. I didn't muslin it but it fits pretty well as is, next time I just want to take it in at the side seams a bit to make it less boxy.