Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Lazy day pyjamas

When I went fabric shopping for my star print wrap dress I bought this brushed cotton to make some pyjamas for Faith with. I used the Lazy Day pyjama pattern by Blank Slate Patterns but didn't quite have enough fabric so I made the bottoms into shorts and left out the cuffs. I think I've turned a corner with my sewing for her, these are the third or fourth things I've made her that she hasn't had to be persuaded to try on. She loves them and was very excited about going to bed in them tonight!

I should have serged the seams but that would mean changing the thread on the overlocker and to do that I would have to dig the tweezers out from behind my desk where there may be spiders lurking (I'll get Stuart to fish them out for me later). Instead, I did faux french seams except around the armholes which I zig zagged and pinked.

Faith chose the buttons and insisted on pink ones, I tried to pesuade her to have yellow or cream ones but she wasn't having any of it.

The only thing that bugs me is that the fabric has 'Pooh' written all over it but someone thought it would be a good idea to do the 'h' yellow (on top of a yellowy background) so it looks as though it says 'poo'!

 

2 comments:

  1. Aw she looks adorable in her new PJ's! Thanks for the link to that pattern company, I haven't heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she burst into our bedroom this morning to show them off to daddy! I hadn't come across the company before but I've got my eye on a few of their patterns now

      Delete