Wednesday, 10 April 2013

I'm in!

For The past couple of years I have admired from afar all the people who take part in Me Made May. I've been envious of anyone who made clothes that they actually wanted to wear, let alone enough of the to wear every day for a WHOLE MONTH!

In the past six months or so though I have become much more confident with my sewing abilities and I now wear most of the things I make myself fairly regularly (even in public!). So, now is the time to dive in and just get on with it.

What I really want to get from this challenge is to take pride in being able to wear something I have made myself each day. And if I'm honest, when I'm just pottering around at home I may possibly be in the habit of throwing on the same pair of jeans more times than I should before washing them. Plus, the only time I really bother making myself look half way presentable is when I need to take a picture for the blog so having to do it everyday will be good for me.  Oh, and it'll help me work out what I else I need to make for my wardrobe. Do you think that's enough reasons?!

'I, Sally of Sally Bee Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear at least one me made item each day for the duration of May 2013 with no more than two repeats of each item (except my coat).'

Ooh, exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment