Tuesday, 23 April 2013

A modified Cambie

This is the first of my Me Made May panic stitching.

I went on one of my impulse fabric buying sprees and came back without a clue what to do with any of it, you know the kind where you see some fabric on a bolt that you quite like so you buy a couple of metres, then you see something else but you're trying to be quick because the woman is already cutting the the other fabrics and then something else catches your eye but you don't have a proper think about it because you don't want to become one of those annoying people who hog the assistant and make her wait while you carry on choosing things, and then all of a sudden you've spent £50 and when you get home and look through your purchases you think 'what the fuck was I thinking?'

Well, this dress was born from that.

I did really like the spotty fabrics, but had no idea what to do with them. After getting out all my patterns and showing him almost all of them with various fabrics held up to them, Stuart suggested the Cambie but with a straight skirt. So that's what I did:

Faith insisted on being in the photos to show off her new apron and hat

The lining is the same fabric as the outer but with blue spots on white.

I omitted the waistband, partly because I'm never sure I like them, and partly because I couldn't find the pattern piece, I know it is somewhere with all the pieces I copied for my last one, but they could be anywhere.



The neckline on this annoys me, the first one I made isn't so bad, but it sticks out loads on this one so I need to figure out how to fix it.  The only thing I really don't like about this dress is the back. I really need to start doing swayback adjustments to my patterns but I don't really know where to start with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment