Thursday, 27 September 2012

A cambie

I had a bit of black and white striped fabric from my Mum that I didn't know what to do with, until I remembered this pattern from Sewaholic.

It irritates me when I go into shops and the stripes haven't been lined up properly, so I've never really thought about using striped fabric in my sewing.  How wrong I was.

It was so satisfying (and not as difficult as I thought it would be) to match the stripes up on the seams.

I didn't make many changes, just added an inch to the side seams of the bodice and omitted the lining.  I think its more of a wearable muslin than the finished article - I need to do something about the neckline (it bags a bit), I'm not crazy about where the skirt falls on my knee, and I want to sort out the shoulders, but I'm pleased with it as a first attempt.



No comments:

Post a Comment